In the beginning of the New Year I would like to look back at the most important posts in this blog of 2008. To make the overview easier, I have made 5 categories and picked the three posts with the most important information in each category. Enjoy !
Category Networking Insights
How to deal with the 5 barriers that prevent people from helping you?
– Don’t ask for a favor, ask for advice
– Who is in your network, people who pull you down or people who lift you up?
Category Referral Tips
How to ask for referrals?
– Referrals will become the primary sourcing channel for all positions
– Do people know, like and trust you?
Category Interviews With Other Networking Experts From All Around the World
Michael Hughes (Canada)
– Robyn Henderson (Australia)
– Will Kintish (USA)
Category How to use LinkedIn
LinkedIn explained in 3 minutes
– I’m on LinkedIn, but still don’t get a customer or a job
– How to use Linked to find the right networks?
Category Networking Tools
– LinkedIn toolbar
I wish you a fantastic 2009 and look forward to your suggestions and comments on posts !
Jan Vermeiren, founder of
Networking Coach and Speaker about Networking and Referrals