LinkedIn Polls were already mentioned in How to REALLY use LinkedIn, and I now add more advice on how to use them.
Polls can benefit you in several ways:
- Get useful input from your own connections for yourself.
- Get useful input from your own connections to use in an article,
- Increase your “Know” factor (see the Fundamental Principles of Networking in How to REALLY use LinkedIn) among your own connections.
- Increase your “Know” factor with people you want to reach (for example, new customers or new employees). This can be done in two ways:
- By paying—which allows you to select specific functions or roles and consequently access to people whom you don’t know yet.
- By asking your first-degree connections to invite their network to participate as well
If you use this application, my advice is to create something with the results. Write a blog post, a short article, or create a SlideShare presentation. Then, share your project with your network and the people who responded by sending them the link and showing it in your Profile.
To your success !