February 24, 2010
LinkedIn Polls were already mentioned in How to REALLY use LinkedIn, and I now add more advice on how to use them.
Polls can benefit you in several ways:
- Get useful input from your own connections for yourself.
- Get useful input from your own connections to use in an article,
- Increase your “Know” factor (see the Fundamental Principles of Networking in How to REALLY use LinkedIn) among your own connections.
- Increase your “Know” factor with people you want to reach (for example, new customers or new employees). This can be done in two ways:
- By paying—which allows you to select specific functions or roles and consequently access to people whom you don’t know yet.
- By asking your first-degree connections to invite their network to participate as well
If you use this application, my advice is to create something with the results. Write a blog post, a short article, or create a SlideShare presentation. Then, share your project with your network and the people who responded by sending them the link and showing it in your Profile.
To your success !
This is an excerpt from the Updates to the book How to REALLY use LinkedIn (in Dutch: het boek Hoe LinkedIn nu ECHT gebruiken). Click on the links to get these updates for free!
February 17, 2010
LinkedIn has opened an office in Amsterdam (the Netherlands). AT5 interviewed Eugenie Van Wiechen, the new Director for LinkedIn Netherlands about why they chose Schiphol as location. And they asked me why Dutch people are good networkers (are they? :-)) and to give a few LinkedIn tips.
This is the short interview (in Dutch): http://www.amsterdaminc.tv/2010/02/08/linkedin-in-amsterdam
Jan Vermeiren is the founder of Networking Coach and author of “How to REALLY use LinkedIn” (in Dutch: “Hoe LinkedIn nu ECHT gebruiken“). Click on the links of the books to get a free light version.
February 3, 2010
Time flies when you are having fun! 10 months ago the book “How to REALLY use LinkedIn” was born.
As I wrote in the book: it is always “dangerous” to write a book about a website since it can change overnight.
In the past 10 months the website of LinkedIn indeed has gone through some changes.
During this time I have posted some messages and tips on this blog to keep you up-to-date.
Now these messages are not only brought together in 1 document of 23 pages, but I have also added some extra tips and comments. On top of that you will also receive a LinkedIn Profile Self Assessment and a list with tools that can help you deal with your networking and referral actions in a more effective and efficient way.
You can download all of this at no cost at the website of the book “How to REALLY use LinkedIn” (or in Dutch: via de website van het boek “Hoe LinkedIn nu ECHT gebruiken”)
In the meantime I wish you all the best !